Chick and I went to the annual Greenway Concert in the Park last Thursday night. It was a warm evening and a beautiful setting for some local bluegrass music.
The Greenway "greenbelt" is one of the many little hidden jewels in our town of Beaverton. Chick and I have walked the greenbelt for years. They put in a disc golf course a few years ago and the Tualatin Valley Park and Recreation Center hosts a concert/community event summer.
This year's concert was by The Blackberry Bushes, a Seattle based Alternative-Folk-String band. They have an innovative acoustic sound which draws from the deep roots of American traditional music to create a rich patchwork that threads with artists like Gillian Welch, Sean Hayes and Crooked Still.
They really entertained the crowd and it was an enjoyable evening in the park.
Enjoy!
Stacy
I was not able to upload the bit of video I took last night, but this session recorded in the beautiful forest around Humbolt, CA is gorgeous!




No comments:
Post a Comment