It was a beautiful evening last Sunday night at the Oregon Zoo's Summer Concert Series
At about 6:00, Bruce Hornsby took the stage. I've always been a fan of his music, but have never seen him perform before.
He is an accomplished singer, pianist, accordion player, and songwriter and is quite well known for his spontaneity and creativity in his live performances. His influences include, classical, jazz, bluegrass, folk and blues.
I've seen Bela Fleck before, in fact about 8 years ago at the Oregon Zoo. Although the musician ship was outstanding, I felt the crowd disengage from his performance after such an amazing first set with Bruce.
Widely acknowledged as one of the world's most innovative and technically proficient banjo players, Bela is best known for his work with the bands New Grass Revival and the Flecktones.
If you get a chance to see either of these two performers, I urge you to go. Fabulous!
Enjoy!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment