Thursday, October 23, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Creamy Shrimp Pasta

Always remember that food is to be loved, laughed over and, above all....enjoyed in the company of your friends ~ Clarissa Dickson Wright (Two Fat Ladies, Brit TV Series)
Occassionally when I am away from the Rebecca Lane household, Chick cooks. Sunday nights when I come home from the train and open up the fridge, I sometimes spot a big pot of this pasta. It's very good, but I wanted to find one with chicken or shrimp. Hopefully she'll get the hint!
Creamy Shrimp Penne


Ingredients:
1 Pound Shrimp
3/4 Pound Penne
Butter
Olive Oil
1 Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Cup White Wine
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Paste
1 Cup Heavy Cream
Fresh Basil
Salt
Pepper
1/4 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano

Directions:
1. Cook pasta until al dente.
2. Peel, de-tail and rinse 1 pound of shrimp.
3. Heat about 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes until they turn opaque. Remove from pan and put shrimp on a plate;cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Mince onion fine along with garlic gloves (I like to grate my garlic these days). In the same skillet you cooked the shrimp in, add another pat of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and saute, stirring often.
5. Once the onions/garlic have cooked 8-10 mintues, add the white wine and let the wine evaporate for 1-2 minutes.
6. Chop up your cooked shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
7. Add tomato paste to onion/garlic/wine mix. Stir until well-combined. Next add 1 cup of heavy cream. Keep stirring. Turn heat to low.
8. Chop basil.
9. Add shrimp back into sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add the basil and stir once again.
10. Add your cooked pasta to the sauce and toss.

Serve with generous spoon of Parmigiano-Reggiano

google image

No comments:

Post a Comment