These December posts are going to be all about Christmas. I'll answer a questions, post a picture and discuss something "Christmasy". Please feel free to leave your answer in the comments below.
Today is day four and today's question is:
What is your Favorite Christmas Song?
Wow, I've been listening to Christmas music since the day after Halloween! It wasn't always that way. I used to be a Christmas purist. No evidence of Christmas until after the turkey is carved and the leftovers packaged.
A few years ago, I began to realize that time is precious and moving at an alarmingly fast pace. Our Christmas season is one of the shortest in the entire world and I felt like I couldn't hear all the music, see all the movies, enjoy all the decorations in only three or four weeks. It made me anxious about Christmas. I felt like it was gone, even before it began. To ease into the holiday, I started playing Christmas music...not all day every day, but a few scattered songs here and there to release some of the memories.
A few years ago, I began to realize that time is precious and moving at an alarmingly fast pace. Our Christmas season is one of the shortest in the entire world and I felt like I couldn't hear all the music, see all the movies, enjoy all the decorations in only three or four weeks. It made me anxious about Christmas. I felt like it was gone, even before it began. To ease into the holiday, I started playing Christmas music...not all day every day, but a few scattered songs here and there to release some of the memories.
Sometimes, in the heat of summer...I watch "Meet me in St. Louis" just so I can hear the song.
You know the song....you have your own. It's the song of your Christmas. The one you hear that takes you to that special place in your mind. The place of Christmas past.
Music creates memories and music memories are stored in special places and they come out when you hear that song. Joy, grief, loss, success and failure....they all find a place in music.
Play your song, listen to the music and let the joy in your heart find Christmas!
Enjoy!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment