Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Blogmas 2017 - 25 Days of Christmas/Day Nineteen

Welcome to BLOGMAS 2017 an added bonus to the weekly VLOGMAS on my YouTube channel!

These December posts are going to be all about Christmas.  I'll answer a questions, post a picture and discuss something "Christmasy".   Please feel free to leave your answer in the comments below.


Today is day nineteen and today's question is:


Do you have a favorite Christmas Cocktail?


I just made this up a few days ago as I am a complete nut regarding Egg Nog.  Did you know you can freeze an unopened half gallon of egg nog in your freezer to have next summer?

Here you go.....

Egg Nog Martini

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon sugar
1 candy cane, smashed in a plastic bag until very fine
ice 
1 cup egg nog
1 jigger vodka or rum
small candy canes, garnish

Directions:

On a small oval dish, mix together the sugar and the candy cane.  Set aside.

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice (I like one whole ice cube and 1 ice cube smashed with the back of a spoon so you have shards of ice in your shaker), egg nog, rum.

Shake well!

Wet the rim of your martini glass with water, turn upside down and set in the sugar candy cane mix until your entire rim is lined with sugar and candy cane.

Turn your glass right side up and fill it up to the top with the egg nog mix.

Garnish with candy canes and BOTTOMS UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment