Tuesday, September 29, 2009

West Seattle Tidbits - Welcome Fall

This weekend in Seattle we welcomed the first weekend of Fall.

We had a mellow and quiet weekend...taking it all in.....stealing the last minutes of summer on the patio (it looks like rain and cool from here on out).

Check out our beautiful rose bush!
Blooming one last time this year! The biggest and brightest blooms all year.

We also checked out two places in West Seattle that we have passed a dozen times before.....The Bohemian and Easy Street Records Cafe.

Opened last September, The Bohemian offers an amazing wine list, full bar with signature cocktails, an eclectic and globally influenced menu and live music Thursday-Saturday (ranging from acoustic guitar to French Jazz). How Bohemian!?The owners were extremely attentive (one brother is the bar manager and the other the head chef) and made Brian and I feel very welcome, even on a quiet Saturday. Were we the only ones drinking at 3:00PM on Saturday?!
We'll definitely be back for dinner and drinks sometime soon! I loved the vibe and the menu looks fantastic.

The major disappointment of the weekend came from Easy Street Records Cafe. Brian and I assumed that lines out the door every Saturday and Sunday meant great food was inside. We were wrong.

Our breakfast was just about the worst we have ever had. Brian's Beck Omelet was so visually unappealing that I had to look away while he was eating it. The last time I saw eggs this powdery and rubbery was on a old re-run of M*A*S*H.

While my New Wave O’s Rancheros was edible...cold food should never be accepted especially at breakfast (even my coffee was weak and lukewarm). You know a place is really bad when you can't drink the coffee! The good news....this place is cheap in comparison to other West Seattle breakfast joints....so being out less than $20 helped soften the blow.

I hope everyone welcomed fall this weekend!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment