Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend with the Parents

Brian, Sammy and I hosted my parents who drove up from Springfield - picked me up in Portland and drove to Seattle last Friday afternoon.We enjoyed wine and hor'douvres on the patio then headed out to dinner at Fresh Bistro in West Seattle.

WOW! What a fabulous meal.

Opened in late May 2009 by Seattle's biggest caterer, Herban Feast, Fresh Bistro's biggest attraction is local, organic and fresh food. It's seasonal menu is serving up the best of summer while newly adding all the favorites of the harvest.
The dining room was cozy....small tables that appeal to the casual lunch crowd or a romantic date night. I especially loved the see-through fireplace (I can see Brian and I sipping on Chardonnay this winter). A large open kitchen near the front brings the back of the house to the diner's eye and walls painted in natural-like colors of green and sand give the room an earthy feel.

The menu has lots going on—most of the dishes take two lines to describe—and the chefs plate up works of art.

As an example, Brian ordered Herban Feast's signature crab-and-sweet potato cakes. The quarter-sized cakes had a dense, sweet orange filling, well met by the dollops of smoky chipotle mayonnaise perched on top.I personally didn't care for Brian's cold Tomato-corn soup, although it was very visually appealing.

My rack of lamp was glazed and grilled perfectly served on a bed of herby spaetzle.The star of the show.....the deconstructed beet salad. We all had wonderfully exquisite and well prepared meals. We can't wait to go back.
On Saturday, the skies opened up and turned gray, but we didn't let that stop us.....out for breakfast at Circa.Followed by a driving tour of West Seattle.Enjoy!

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment