Sunday, September 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Mid September!

Welcome to a full 4 days of cooking! With the Vegas trip and Labor Day weekend, we've gotten a bit off track. Let's regroup!

Is anyone craving comfort foods? Usually for me - when the calendar turns to September, I start thinking about comfort food - things that simmer and stew and make the house smell delicious.

The big problem is......comfort foods usually mean high calories and fat and generally thing that are not good to eat if you are watching your weight.

I've managed to find a few comfort foods that are lighter in calories and fat and still taste wonderful. This week, I am introducing the first - Beef Stroganoff.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Monday: Beef Stroganoff with Yogurt and Dill
Tuesday: Almond-Crusted Tilapia with a Big Garden Salad
Wednesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu with Garlic Green Beans
Thursday: Marinated Flank Steak (Asian inspired) with Jasmine Rice and Stir-Fry Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment