Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Garden: Update


Our garden pots are doing well, despite more rain than sun these past few weeks.

Both tomatoes are growing and have numerous yellow flowers, which means lots of yummy tomatoes in our future (say......45 days+).


The herbs are growing with the exception of the basil which is dead. I am not sure if it was the rain, but the leaves began turning brown with spots and some of the leaves turned yellow and shriveled up. The basil just didn't make it! I think I'll wait until July and plant some more.


The pot of lettuce is attracting the slugs, but I feel there is enough for all of us (little creatures included) to share. I think I'll plan a small gourmet salad next week with a few chives and see how the lettuce tastes before I start on all out assault!

What our herbs really need is some sun....consistent temps and less rain!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment