Wilma CroweBrian and I drove to Eugene on Saturday morning to spend Father's Day weekend with my Pop and Rosemary.
"Family" Photo - what an honorIt also happened to be the 90th birthday of a remarkable woman and very close family friend, Wilma Crowe. Wilma is my Pop's second mom and he was the best friend to her son, Lowell Crowe (crowebird) who left this earth about 9 years ago after a long battle with cancer.

Her birthday party was held at an Native American "longhouse" or gathering place near the University of Oregon campus. It was great to see Wilma again and hear stories about how many lives she has touched in her 90 years.

I think Brian really enjoyed seeing a part of the Native American culture that not many people get a chance to witness.

After we left the celebration, I took Brian on a little tour of Eugene and we drove past the old house on Hilyard Street. I peeked in the window......a window to my past. Although I couldn't see much (not sure if anyone was home) I did recognize the front door and the ornate peephole and the mail slot, where as a child I hid my barbie dolls.
We spent some good time with my Pop and enjoyed dinner with him and Rosemary down on the old Eugene Mall at a place called Davis. Although the food wasn't remarkable....the company sure was.
Enjoy!Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment