Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anniversary Dinner: Cafe Mingo

Brian and I went to one of our favorite restaurants on Friday night to celebrate our 4 years together.

Mingo West located in Beaverton's "The Round" was established back in 2004 as a sister to it's NW 23rd Avenue location. Simple Italian with a NW twist, Brian and I always enjoy the fresh pastas, local vegetables (Brian absolutely loves their grilled asparagus) and meat and seafood combinations.

The front of the cafe features modern, window-laden, rolling garage doors that look like a feature in a glossy architectural magazine that stretch the length of the dining room. The interior has a loft-like appearance that is very upscale, simple, but elegant - remember....this is Beaverton!
The restaurant offers seasonal outdoor seating in the Round's central piazza, offering a friendly neighborhood feel. When the restaurant is full, the noise level, along with the background music, can get rather loud.

We purused the menu while sipping on a bottle of Italian wine. I am always surprised that the menu is so small yet packed with so much variety. The rabbit was inticing, but the ravioli called my name!

Brian enjoyed his old stand-by.....

Penne with beef braised in Chianti and Espresso

I had the house special ravioli....

Beef tenderloin, spring onion and ricotta ravioli in a spicey tomato sauce

The food is always exceptional and the service was excellent. I only hope that we don't have to wait another year to have a meal like this!

Enjoy!

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment