Friday Night after arriving in Walla Walla at Mill Creek Brew Pub
At Otis Kenyon
We had a great weekend in Walla Walla, WA to celebrate Brian's oldest niece, Heidi's 40th birthday.
With their husbands at home, Brian and I took Heidi and her younger sister, Ericka on a wine tasting day strolling along Main Street in downtown Walla Walla.
Our first stop was Canoe Ridge Winery where we sampled about 8 different wines including a Rose and several reds. The tasting room was cute and paid homage to the Walla Walla Valley railroad. I brought home a bottle of Rose as it was only $20 and one of my favorites of the day.
Stop # 2 was Otis Kenyon on Main Street where we tasted 4 nice, but young red wines. The story of Otis Kenyon , was worth the visit and Brian in the bowler hat was hillarious!
Our third stop was next door to Otis Kenyon, Henry Earl Estates. The tasting room reminded me of Tolly's in Oakland, OR and we sat on parlor style sofas by the front window and had a 5 wine "flight". I bought a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, a rare choice for me but a wonderful summer wine.
Our last stop was the family vineyard owned by the Bledsoe's. You remember Drew Bledsoe? Bledsoe Family Winery began in 2007 shortly after Drew's retirement from football. The Elizabeth Chardonnay was my favorite wine of the day and we sat in the tasting room a enjoyed an entire bottle!
We had so much fun packed into a very short visit to Walla Walla that I know Brian and I will be back soon. With over 50 tasting rooms in Walla Walla, there are plenty more wines to drink...but I would have to say that spending time with family meant the world to both of us.
Enjoy!
Stacy









No comments:
Post a Comment