Tuesday, May 22, 2018

20/52: The Royal Wedding, Preakness Stakes Day and a 5K











I am not sure that we could have crammed anymore into this weekend.  It just so happens that quite a few fun events were all taking place in a 48 hour period.

How many of you got up at 3AM to watch the Royal Wedding?  I set my alarm for 3:00 and saw the arrival of family and the bride and the beautiful ceremony and then went back to sleep for a few hours before moving onto our next event!  I just can't put into words how amazing the wedding was and I am so glad that I taped it so that I can watch it again.  I think Amal Clooney looked phenomenal!

Saturday afternoon was the second leg of the triple crown at Emerald Downs and our friend, Jenny joined us and we had a great afternoon, sipping sparkling wine and NOT winning much money on any of the races.  Mark your calendar for 3 weeks to see if Justify will win the triple crown.

Finally on Sunday was the West Seattle 5K!  A big event for Brian and I and quite an accomplishment for both of us to participate in something so rewarding.  To be honest, we often times walk 2 5ks over the course of the weekend, but this one was a special goal that benefited not only ourselves but our community.

Enjoy!
Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment