
Brian and I had a great weekend. I drove to Tacoma once again (perhaps my last road trip) due to Amtrak still being on a maintenance schedule. The Friday night trip was highlighted by our wonderful Fall foliage – so not all that bad (I won’t even mention Sundays drive home in the rain).
On Saturday we drove to Covington to see our friends, Jenny and Brent and their friend Laura – all up from NOCAL for the long weekend. Jenny (a.k.a. the “singing Sommelier” and owner of the Savvy Cellar) gave me some great wine paring ideas for my Mushroom Bruschetta recipe - as the contest deadline is fast approaching. Thanks Jenny!
It was also nice to snuggle up next to the baby! What a little cutie pie!

Saturday afternoon we headed into Seattle to hang out with Sonja and Geoff who we have not seen since the wedding. We celebrated Sonja’s birthday and I tried the recipe out for the first time. They didn’t seem to mind being guinea pigs and I really appreciated everyone’s help.
The recipe appears to be a huge success and required very little revision. I’ll post the final draft as this week’s recipe of the week on Wednesday.
Enjoy your week!
Stace
No comments:
Post a Comment