Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Dinner at Rye in Eugene


Last Friday night I drove down to Eugene for a visit with my parents.

First stop on Friday was dinner at Rye.


The inside is very inviting and intimate with tables, booths, and a huge bar with stools.  The restaurants has a very old world feel decorated in earthy colors and brown furniture and fabrics to match (I honestly felt like I was in the home of a Bavarian Chef).  Old recycled bottles are used for water bottles and adorn each table, and the restaurant is bathed in soft warm light.  A large rock fireplace is located at the entrance to the restaurant and faces the main dining room.  



Pop and I had the Pan-Seared Duck and it was fabulous!  The menu is quite eclectic, including Duck Poutine (French fries bathed in duck gravy).

They have a wonderfully complete wine list (which pairs nicely with the menu) and an incredible cocktail menu.  If you are looking for some interesting cocktails, this would be a great place to visit.

Our meal ended with offerings from the in-house Chocolatier and a cup of rich coffee.

.

On Saturday, we checked out the Coburg Pizza Company.


Pop, Rosemary and Steve

They have an incredible assortment of pizzas, calzones, salads and wings.  We tried the Parmesan Garlic, Thai Peanut and Sweet BBQ wings and a wonderful side salad.

Lots of good eating in Eugene/Springfield last weekend!

Enjoy!
Stacy 


No comments:

Post a Comment