Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recipe of the Week: CROCKTOBER! Orange Beef

Welcome to Crocktober!  This month I'll be posting some wonderful crockpot meals.

I love my crockpots (I have one in Portland and one in Seattle) and especially love the idea that dinner is ready and waiting for me when I get home (and clean up is super easy).

A big hint here....prep the night before and search for recipes that take 7-8 hours (or longer) to cook on low heat.  This way, right before you walk out the door you can dump all the contents in the crockpot and turn it on and dinner is ready for you when you get home!

Another hint....many of these recipes can be prepared and placed in large freezer bags and kept in your freezer for use later.  

Enjoy!
Stacy

ORANGE BEEF

Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds round steak, sliced
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons ground Chinese 5 spice
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup orange juice
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
6 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 heads bok choy, cut into 2-4 wedges

Directions:

Place the beef, soy sauce, spice, honey and OJ in a plastic bag and marinate over night.

In the morning, dump the beef mixture in a 4 qt crockpot and add the vegetables on top.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 until meat is fully cooked and tender.

Serve over white or brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment