Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Purple Cow Winery/Vineyard


It's not often that we find a Washington County winery that we have not been to before, but on Saturday we stopped by the Purple Cow Vineyard in Forest Grove for a wonderful wine tasting.




We were greeted at the door by owner/winemaker, Gallo who invited us into his home (and tasting room) to try some of his wonderful creations.

Brian listening to Gallo talk about his wines



I've never seen somebody so pasionnate about their wines (it's not often that you actualy get to meet the winemaker). Gallo took us from vine to bottle.....explaining in detail each of the 5 wines that we tried.


I especially liked the 2007 Dry Muscat - a very unusual wine for me to like. I bought a bottle to take home and put in my wine stash. I am really kicking myself for not picking up a bottle of 2005 Tempranillo - a very unique blend for Oregon and a perfect wine for a nice thick rib-eye steak.



I think we'll have to stop by this vineyard again on our annual Thanksgiving wine tasting trip.


Enjoy!


Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Hello!

    This is Stacy from AmericanWinery.com, great post! Purple Cow has some great wine! :)

    We're doing a video clip about the winery actually.

    I like your photos, care if we toss one or two into our video clip?

    Thanks and take care!
    -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! Brian walked out into the vineyard to take a couple of pictures of the grapes (since they have not begun the harvest). Go ahead and include them. Thanks, Stacy

    ReplyDelete