Thursday, August 7, 2008

Recipe of the Week: Steak Pita Sandwich

I love pita bread and I have no idea why I don't keep it around the house more often. It's great for all kinds of sandwiches. I found this recipe a few weeks ago and since we eat a lot of flank steak, I thought this might make a nice leftover lunch meal.


Enjoy!
Stacy

STEAK PITA SANDWICH

SERVES 4

Ingredients:
2 8-ounce containers fat-free plain yogurt
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound flank steak
Salt
Pepper
4 pita rounds, halved
2 cups salad greens
12 cherry tomatoes, sliced

Directions:
1. Mix yogurt in a bowl with minced garlic, parsley and oregano until well blended; set aside.
2. Rub steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook steak in a non-stick skillet or over a hot BBQ for about 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness; let it rest 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
3. Stuff each pita pocket with a quarter of the dressing and steak, as well as 1/2 cup salad greens and several sliced cherry tomatoes.
4. Drizzle additional yogurt dressing over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment