
"The Pit" is closing this year. Opened in December 1926, the arena is named for Clifton N. (Pat)
McArthur, a student-athlete and the university's first student body president.
Since Brian has never been to the Pit, I thought it would make a great Valentine's present to take him to Eugene to see the Ducks in action.
First we had breakfast at the Glenwood with niece, Alex a freshman at the U of O.

A quick walk around downtown and to the
5th Street Public Market and then off to the Pit.


I first went to the pit in November of 1976 to see Elvis Presley. My parents thought it would be a cultural event to take their 7 year old to see Elvis. I was scared out of my mind when the first bars of "2001: A Space Odyssey" started up and "the King" took the stage - flashbulbs going off everywhere.

Since then, I've been to Mac Court many times over the years and have seen both the greats and the not so greats take the floor.
"Matt Court" will open in 300-some days....and that is a sobering though because there will never be another "Pit".

I am glad that Brian could share some of the memories.

Enjoy!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment