Sunday, December 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: December 7-10

How is the Christmas shopping coming along? I know this is a busy time of the year, so this week's menu is really light and easy (not a lot of meal prep).

I'd also like to alert you to a great concept called "Meatless Monday". Sir Paul McCartney spoke about it this past week. I've never considered myself and "activist", but this is a concept I try and support. Look at you menu and see if you can get on board.

Check out more great menu's HERE.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Monday: Wild Mushroom Casserole (make this on Sunday). Support Meatless Monday!!!
Tuesday:
F.F.Y. (Fend For Yourself). Chick has a dinner out; I've got present to wrap!
Wednesday: Neighborhood Christmas Cocktails 6-9 (Shrimp Salad with Warm Rolls)
Thursday: Christmas Cocktails in Downtown Portland. A chance to look at all the lights!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacy,

    Thank you for visiting my blog! It was nice of you to come by and comment! :-)

    That was the first time I had tried Hobo Dinners. My kids LOVED them. My Dh and I both agreed I needed to season it more for the next time but it was EASY and yummy!

    For my first time, I used ground beef and mixed it with one egg and a package of dry lipton onion soup and a splash of water. I formed patties and on top of the patties I added wedges of red bliss potatoes and whole trimmed green beans. I topped them with garlic powder and a bit of pepper.

    Next time I would add some garlic powder to the meat and top the whole mixture with some kosher salt.

    It was really good and served with fruit, a very balanced meal!

    Also, it seems that you could make other really excellent dishes like a chicken parm with veggies or a chicken with ham and swiss.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete