Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Waterfront Sunday


Brian on board Portland Steamer Sternwheel

Brian was in Portland over the weekend. I got home from the Relay for Life Saturday afternoon....exhausted so I promised him a fun day on Sunday.Whenever I ask Brian what he wants to do in Portland on a sunny Sunday - his first response is always the waterfront.It was an active weekend.......annual beer festival and some sort of maritime event along the marina. Lots of wooden boats - which were fun to look at.We toured a Sternwheel Steamer operated and maintained by the Oregon Maritime Museum. The Steamer Portland was built in 1947, is 219 feet long and is docked on the Willamette River at the foot of Pine Street all year round (although they are planning on taking her out for a few spins later this year). The maritime museum was very informational and had a lot of very knowledgeable volunteers. It was an interesting experience.

We even managed to wrap up the afternoon by finding a bit of shade on a patio - with a glass of chardonnay. Highs for Sunday were in the upper 90's.Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment