Monday, May 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Here is my first Menu Plan Monday (I hope I get everything posted correctly)! My goal each week is to create a menu that is full of healthy, low-fat, weight-watchers inspired dinners that are quick and easy to prepare. Usually one meal a week is vegetarian! There are two mouths to feed at Rebecca Lane so each meal usually prepares 4 servings (with leftovers for lunch the next day). Meals are Monday-Thursday as I travel every Friday. I'll try and post as many recipes as I can, although to be honest....following them is quite hard for me (lost of improvising in my kitchen).
Enjoy!
Stacy

Tuesday: Pasta Alla Vodka with leftover Garden Salad

Wednesday: Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Jasmine Rice (lots of fresh veggies mixed with ginger, garlic, chili paste and a splash of coconut milk)
Thursday: Baked Shrimp in a Lemon Garlic Sauce with rest of leftover Jasmine Rice*
*Peel 1 1/2 pounds of raw shrimp and toss with the juice of two lemons, three minced garlic cloves and a tsp of lemon pepper. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. Place shrimp and marinade in an oven proof baking dish and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque (stir it a couple of times during cooking). Serve atop rice with a sprinkle of chopped parsley. YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment