Wednesday, August 23, 2017

33/52: Solar Eclipse






Being in the path of totality and seeing the solar eclipse on Monday was the most amazing thing I have ever witnessed in my life. We had the opportunity to attend the first ever eclipse delayed baseball game in Keizer, OR home of the Volcanoes.  The game started at 9:40 AM and was delayed about 10:00 for the total eclipse...resuming again around 10:45.

It was so emotional to see the moon cross in front of the sun's path and shade the earth in total darkness. Seeing the corona and the Diamond Ring Effect brought me to tears. 

Of course, I didn't have the camera equipment to capture the moment so I shut off my devices and spent the 1 minute and 52 seconds staring directly at the sun (you can take off your glasses in totality).  The event left me speechless.

I can now understand why people travel the world in search of the total eclipses.  It's an awe inspiring event....once in a lifetime for most people and something I know I will never forget.

Enjoy!
Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment