Saturday, November 12, 2011

Images from Chicago!

I wish that we'd had more time to check out Chicago. I'll have to come back again.

Brian and I arrived on Saturday afternoon (after 48+ hours on the Empire Builder) took a cab to our hotel and hit the ground running.First stop...observation deck at the John Hancock Tower (one block east of our hotel). Beautiful view of the Chicago area and it was a sunny day and near 60.

We then walked two blocks west of our hotel and found Jake Melnick's Corner Tap.

This is a great neighborhood joint with a great atmosphere.

The highlight of our Saturday night was the famous deep dish pizza at Giordano's Famous Pizza.


We waited nearly 2 hours for a huge slice of heaven. The pizza weighed about 5+ pounds and that was just a small!! People line up down the street for a true Chicago experience.


Since I was in meetings all day Sunday and half day Monday before flying back to Portland on Monday afternoon, I took as many random city shots as possible.


Sunday evening after Brian flew home, we had our group dinner at Mike Ditka's Steakhouse. Amazing and wonderful food.

I love you Chicago!Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment