I think the story goes that this clock hung in the roundhouse in Oakridge, OR. My Grandpa, Ralph was quite the "collector" and my guess is that at some point in time it ended up in his and Grandma Virginia's possession. Everywhere my grandma has lived, this clock has hung on the wall. Just the sound of it makes me want to cry....the memories are so thick in my mind. It's just her....and now it is mine. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hang it at Rebecca Lane, but Chick and I found the most perfect spot. We hung it on Thanksgiving Eve - which I thought was a perfect tribute. It was as if the melodic beat of the clock was my Grandma's heart with a message of love.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Stacy,
ReplyDeleteWas glad to see Grandma's clock on your blog. We know she would be pleased that you now the keeper of the clock. Hope you will have time to say hello the next time you are in Eugene.
Love and Hugs,
Charley and Larry