Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Magnificent Maui: 30 days to go!

The countdown is on!

Brian and I leave for Maui in exactly one month, April 19th. We are getting excited! This picture was taken almost 2 years ago during our first trip to Maui together.

Many people have remarked upon the verdant Valley Isle's resemblance to a woman. Whether you see it or not, this island certainly nurtures plenty of men, women and children from various parts of the world. I'll be looking through my photos to see how the island resembles a woman!

We will spend 10 days in West Maui; in the small community of Kahana (about 8 miles north of Kaanapali). 15 miles south of Kahana is the busy resort town of Lahaina. Front Street, the main drag area, is wall-to-wall art galleries and fine restaurants. Dozens of pleasure cruisers and fishing boats set sail from the harbor daily, carrying vacationers to nearby coves and reefs. Lahaina is also the hot spot for shopping and nightlife.
I hope the next month goes by fast!
Enjoy!
Stacy