Wednesday, November 1, 2006

More Weekend Pictures



I wanted to post another couple of pictures that were taken over the weekend that I really liked. The first one of Brian being his cute and funny self was taken in Port Angeles just "kitty corner" from the Silverwater Cafe.

The Haller Statue and Fountain, located at the base of the Taylor Street stairs, was ordered from a catalog in 1905. "Galatea" was recast by Riverdog Fine Arts Foundry in 1994 after one arm had been broken off. Originally cast by the J. L. Mott Foundry in New York, which made plumbing fixtures, the statue dates from 1875-1919. The artist is unknown. Galatea's sister statue, Venus Rising from the Sea at Kimberly Crest Gardens in Redlands, CA was remade from the original cast after being damaged.

The second picture was taken at the Point Wilson Lighthouse. Someone had created this little driftwood shelter and written "WELCOME" on a piece of wood. I thought it made a great postcard-like shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment