Tuesday, October 17, 2017

41/52: San Diego







I don't get to travel much for business but I do a fair amount of traveling for pleasure so I can't complain too much.  I've wanted to attend our national convention the last few years, but the timing wasn't right. This year's conference, San Diego. Who doesn't want to go to San Diego in October?  Not to mention, an easy flight from Portland and an easy flight back to Seattle on Friday night.

The problem with work trips is...well...THEY ARE FOR WORK!!!!  Meetings all day and sponsor dinners at night, don't leave much free time, unless you make and plan and carve out some "free time" for yourself. 

Wednesday afternoon/evening (after being up since 3:30 AM), I escaped to the beach for a glass of wine, a fish tacos and a sunset!

Ocean Beach was a short Uber ride away and a beautiful little neighborhood. I found a perfect place to relax and enjoy some "me" time and it was totally worth it!

The rest of the work week flew by and before I knew it, I was back in Seattle!

San Diego is definitely a place that I'd like to visit again and I just found out next year the conference is in Austin, TX...a bucket list destination for sure!!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment