
It's with great sadness that we say good-bye to Zippy's Burgers this month. Zippy's is moving to White Center and will no longer be "in the neighborhood". I wanted one last "gut bomb" before bidding a dieu, so Brian and I had a burger on Sunday afternoon.
The are close to the most perfect burgers I've ever eaten (Grandma Cavey's aside). They are yummy...totally local, but their location is teeny-tiny. We've never eaten inside...if you find a parking spot, you still have to fight your way through the crowds that line up outside the door. In just a little over two years in West Seattle, Zippy's has a very loyal following (that will hopefully follow them over to their new White Center location).
They hand-grind their meat every day, then serve simple burgers on excellent rolls. They are built smartly and simply with red onions, chopped iceberg lettuce, pickles, tomato, cheese and a "secret sauce" which is to die for. Don't even get me started on the fries.
So it's down the road to White Center, later in April. Perhaps the drive isn't as far as I once thought.
Enjoy!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment