
Brian and I joined friends for Happy Hour last week at the Blue Olive. I enjoyed the food so much that I decided to go back with Chick this past Thursday night for another Happy Hour.
Located on NW 21st, Blue Olive Restaurant — Taste of the Mediterranean is mostly Greek, with several dishes from other Mediterranean countries (the owners are Persian-American). You get all the usual suspects, dolmathes, spanakopita, calamari, saganaki, Greek salad, lamb souvlaki and moussaka but also Middle Eastern favorites like baba ghanouj and falafel.
The restaurant/bar are split. The main dining room looked rather stark, but the bar is ambient, with pulsating music and a few tables on the sidewalk that I image are well sought after on a warm summer's evening.

Greek Salad
Happy Hour runs from 3-6, Tuesday thru Sunday and includes succulent garlic prawns ($5), tender chicken kabobs ($5), Sikotakia (chicken livers in tomato sauce, $5) and vegetarian dolmathes (stuffed grapes leaves to die for, $8).

A very reasonably priced happy hour, fair sized portions (excellent for 2 to share). A nice wine, beer and specialty cocktail menu. What a treat to be located in such a great area to explore, then catch happy hour. A definite return, probably to check out the dining room.
Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:
Post a Comment