Friday, July 8, 2016

Old Photo Friday: Tolmie Peak


WHO: Stacy with Mom's friend, Sandy (behind)
WHAT: Hiking
WHERE: Tolmie Peak* - Mt. Rainier National Park
WHEN: Summer 1985

Hiking in the summer always reminds me of the first time I ever really went hiking out in the woods. Summer 1985 with my Mom and her friend, Sandy in Mount Rainier National Park.

Sandy was an expert hiker.  My mom and I were not, but Sandy insisted that this hike was "easy".  To this day, I remember how my legs ached and my lungs burned, but we were determined to make it to the top...and we did.

I'd like to go back one day to see how bad it really was.

Enjoy!
Stacy




*In 1833, Dr. Wililam Tolmie sailed from London to Ft. Vancouver where he awaited assignment.  After seeing "the mountain", he was captivated and subsequently made a visit to collect herbs to make medicine.