Tuesday, July 26, 2016

30/52: Fun Times on a Tugboat
















Last weekend, Brian's friend from college, Russ and his wife, Sue invited us up to Anacortes, Washington for an overnight excursion on the tug boat, Inga owned and captained by her father, Chris.

This isn't the tug boat you are imagining!  We spent the night on a 37 foot Nordic Tug. Believe me, there is a difference.  This boat is for cruising, not working.

If you recall back in 2013, we went sailing with them in the San Juan Islands and we had a blast. This time, the sailboat has been replaced with a tugboat and the adventure was just as fun.

On Saturday afternoon, we took off from Cape Sante Marina in Anacortes and spent about 2 hours out in Fidalgo Bay, out around Guemes Island and into the Rosario Strait.  It was a beautiful evening and the water was clear as glass.  Brian was in heaven, and got to take command of the vessel.  Do I see a boat in our future?

We had a lovely dinner on board when we got back to the marina.  Brian and I brought up cheese and crackers with salmon dip, kebabs, salads, pound-cake and fresh raspberries.  We spent time in the galley catching up, drinking beer, wine and cocktails and enjoying the beautiful evening.

Brian and I slept in the state room at the head of the ship and it was so cozy that I could definitely imagine myself spending weeks on board in the summertime.  I can totally see why Chris has been spending his summers for the past 20 years cruising around the San Juan islands.

Our 18 hours on board just wasn't long enough.  We took a couple of small trips out on Sunday morning before saying goodbye and watching our friends head off for Deer Harbor and a week enjoying life on a tug.

Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.  Ahoy, Mateys!

Stacy

P.S. I took a ton of photos with my camera including a few group shots.  Be on the lookout for those on the July Vlog on my YouTube channel!