Tuesday, July 19, 2016

29/52: The Middle of July....the middle of summer






The dog days are upon us, or so the calendar says.  I've noticed the sun set times for Portland and Seattle are now before 9PM.  I hate to say it, but it feels like the middle of summer to me.  Our glorious sun filled days have also been absent.  I hate to complain....last year was stifling at times, but I do miss the warmth of the summer sun.  

I flew up to Seattle on Friday night.  An fun new "habit", and luckily the fares have been reasonable if booked well in advance...plus I don't have to pay the extra for parking like I do at the Amtrak station. How can you beat the speed of air travel!

Saturday was spent walking through Lincoln Park and preparing for a BBQ with friends.

And just like that....the weekend was over and it's back to reality.

Enjoy!
Stacy