Tuesday, February 2, 2016

5/52: The last weekend in January






We did it!  We made it through the long, dark, cold and wet month of January.

My bulbs are starting to come up, the days are getting longer and the "thought" of arctic chills, snow and ice are slowly fading (it's still possible that we could have a winter storm with snow, but highly unlikely for Portland and Seattle).

I think I might have a premature case of Spring Fever!?

Not too many pictures of the weekend activities, I'm afraid.  I flew to Seattle Friday night.  The sunset was amazing and I tried to capture it behind my airplane.

We spent Saturday close to home, watched two movies, napped with Sammy and I cooked an amazing dinner that I found through an ad on Facebook for Barefoot Merlot (recipe of the week to follow at some point).

We drove back to Portland on Sunday and I spent my afternoon seriously packing for Mexico!

What were your highlights of January!

Enjoy!
Stacy