Tuesday, November 17, 2015

47/52: Quiet November





This past weekend was another quiet weekend in West Seattle. It was also quite wet (over 4 inches in rain gauge from Thursday to Sunday).

Brian's schedule has been hectic and he's in the middle of a long run of 7 weeks of teaching back and forth between Seattle and Portland.  It's the perfect time for us to stay close to home!

Saturday was spent making some wonderful and hearty meals!  Brian cooked Cowboy Hash on Saturday morning while I worked out indoors.  In the afternoon, I made a huge crockpot full of beef stew and Brian made some wonderful homemade Italian Herb bread. The house smelled incredible!

I dodged the ending rain showers and cool temps early Sunday morning, but I finally got the front flower bed cleaned out (pictures next week).  I am hoping to get some spring bulbs planted with Brian's help before Thanksgiving.  The squirrels run amok in the bed and take off with my bulbs if I don't lay down some chicken wire.

Sunday was bittersweet. A quiet morning...then packing the car up again for another drive to Portland.  Brian's fighting a cold and we have a big week ahead. Let's hope we all remain healthy for the holidays ahead.

How was your weekend?  Did you have rain/snow/sunshine?  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you did to make the weekend memorable!

Enjoy!
Stacy