Thursday, September 10, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Caprese Burgers


So, I've still got more tomatoes than I know what to do with so I am trying out a new recipe tonight...wish me luck!

A caprese salad is, without a doubt, one of my favorite summer salads and this combination is the inspiration for tonight's burger.

Enjoy!
Stacy


Caprese Burger


Ingredients:

1 tablespoon pesto (make your own or store bought is fine)
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 pound ground beef (85/15)
salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
4 burger buns
1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
4-6 basil leaves, chiffonade
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped


Directions:

Mix pesto and mayonnaise together, set aside.

Season ground beef with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.  Form 4 patties and cook according to your preference.  Top with mozzarella and remove from heat.  Tent with foil to keep warm.

Toast burger buns until lightly toasted.

To assemble: add 1 tablespoon of pesto mayonnaise to bottom bun.  Top bun with burger patty, tomato, basil leaves and lettuce.



Recipe courtesy of about three recipes that I mixed together
Image found on Google Images