Friday, September 11, 2015

Old Photo Friday: Mom in Santa Ana


WHO: Jennifer (Mom) and Grandma Virginia
WHERE: Santa Ana, CA
WHEN: January 1965

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to my Mom that I was going through a bunch of old photos and there were quite a few that referenced they were taken in or near Santa Ana, CA when she was about 20.  I asked her why she was there and why she didn't stay very long and she spent about an hour telling me of her short time in California, being persuaded by my Uncle Mickey and his then-wife, Judy to move down, finding a job at a bank and eventually...falling in love with my Dad over a Christmas visit back home to Eugene in December 1964.  It was part of my Mom's life that I didn't know much about and the pictures were always a mystery to me.  

Enjoy!
Stacy