Tuesday, September 22, 2015

39/52: Welcome Fall








Fall officially arrives tomorrow morning, but for the past week it's been gradually making an appearance.  I am okay with it...really I am.  The mornings are crisp, I've found my raincoat, it gets dark earlier than I am use to (so I think I am really late for bed) and I am slowing adding food items such as acorn squash, crock pot chili, Sheppard's Pie and pumpkin spiced ANYTHING into my diet!

Welcome Fall!

I put away all the summer decorations this past weekend in West Seattle and found all my favorite fall items...plus some new things I bought a couple months ago when fall seemed as far off as Christmas!

We took two 4+ mile walks this weekend, still training for Dungeness Spit Lighthouse at the end of the month. The air smelled like fall and the leaves are really starting to turn. The afternoon sun isn't as warm and it comes into the windows at low...lingering angles.

This weekend we cooked some amazing food, watched some football and took a stroll up the street on Saturday afternoon for a happy hour drink (and to fill up Brian's growler).

How are you welcoming fall?

Enjoy!
Stacy