Thursday, August 13, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Herb and Goat Cheese Compound Butter


I've got a potluck neighborhood gathering at the end of the month and I am racking my brain as to what to bring.  It's starts at 4PM on a work night so I really don't have much time to prepare anything and the hostess has asked that it not need to be heated or kept warm.

It sounds like it will be a lot salads and desserts...which are all very nice and very predictable.

I had this great idea to pick up a loaf of some really nice bread and make my own herb and goat cheese compound butter. Who doesn't like bread and butter with any meal!?  

Don't just use this butter on bread, it's also great on corn on the cob and also on top of a grilled steak.

Enjoy!
Stacy



Herb and Goat Cheese Compound Butter


Incredients:

6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
3 oz goat cheese
2 tbsp herbs de Provence
2 tbsp fresh chives
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste


Directions:

Mix butter, cheese, herbs, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.

Mound onto plastic wrap, roll into a cylinder, and twist ends.

Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.