Wednesday, June 17, 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow: 6 week Check Up




My garden is coming along nicely.  Of course, right after I planted everything at the end of April...we had about 10-15 days of cooler weather.  I was most concerned with my tomato plants, but they appear to be doing just fine and I am starting to see not only tons of flowering buds, but one small tomato as of yesterday morning.

My black patio zucchini looks healthy.  It will be interesting to see how big it grows and if I'll be plagued with blossom rot.  I've got one lovely blossom!

My beans are already producing.  I've got at least a half dozen small green beans growing and perhaps next week, I'll have my first harvest!

I am ready to plant some herbs.  I'd like to grow some basil and thyme as they are the herbs that I tend to use the most and I have had good success with both, but basil more from July-September.

Enjoy!
Stacy