Friday, June 27, 2014

Old Photo Friday: Stacy by the Pool


WHO: Stacy Dare Brady (my Dad wrote on the picture...Stacy by the pool)
WHAT: Ready for a swim
WHERE: E Street in Springfield, OR
WHEN: Summer 1978/79 - I look to be about 9 or 10

This time of year is bitter sweet for me.  Local kids just finished the school year here in Portland and it always reminds me of my youth.  Summers for me were so magical.  Filled with lazy days, bike rides, sleeping outside, playing all day and always.....swimming at E street.  Growing up with a swimming pool in my backyard made summer....summer.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Songs from the summer of 1978.......

Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
Bee Gees - Night Fever
Player - Baby Come Back
Frankie Valli - Grease
Wings - With a Little Luck
Bonnie Tyler - It's a Heartache
ABBA - Take a Chance on Me
Donna Summer - Last Dance
Kansas - Dust in The Wind
Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find a Way
Little River Band - Reminiscing
Eddie Money - Baby Hold On 
Bob Welch - Sentimental Lady
ELO - Sweet Talking Woman
Jackson Browne - Running on Empty