Friday, May 9, 2014

Old Photo Friday: Happy Mother's Day

I've been so lucky to have had three beautiful, smart, entertaining and passionate mothers in my life. 

Happy Mother's Day!

Enjoy!
Stacy



WHO: Jennifer Dare Wharton Wills Brady Hanselman (I call her Mom)
WHEN: This is probably 1967-68 before I was born
WHERE: This might be Klamath Falls or perhaps Springfield.  I know that lamp...she went through a Colonial phase
WHAT:  Writing songs and playing music.  My Mom is such a creative and talented musician


WHO: Vivianne (Ann) Peterson Lee (Brian's Mom)
WHERE: An elementary school In Newark, DE, where she worked as the school secretary
WHEN: 1980's
WHAT: A working Mom in the 1960's and 1970's when most women didn't work outside of the homes.  She had dinner on the table at 5PM every night and helped raise three boys with her husband, Al of over 50 years.  I miss your stories (especially about your youngest son).  Thank you for your silver, your table settings and the spirit of life that I see in all your sons.  You are missed today and everyday.




WHO: Grandma Phyllis (Rosemary's Mom), Pop, me and Rosemary Theresa Henrickson Sall Brady (I call her my second Mom)
WHERE: Portland, OR (on our way out to the Gorge)
WHEN: Late 1980's (1989 or 1990)
WHAT: Time with family!  I have so many memories of adventures with my Pop and Rosemary.  I am so lucky to have had such a loving and nurturing person growing up.  An avid reader and a wonderful cook.  Thank you for all that you have taught me and shared with me over the years.