Saturday, July 6, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow!? Two Month Check-up!

The garden is starting on it's third month!  Despite quite a bit of rain in the later half of June, everything is doing really well, especially this gargantuan "early girl" tomato plant.


This year, I started watering in the morning versus watering in the late afternoon/evening and I've not had to battle many pests.

Chick bought me the Vegetable Gardener's Bible for Christmas last year and I've learned quite a bit about planting and watering this year.

We are days away from harvesting yellow squash and cherry tomatoes.  We've used quite a bit of basil, oregano and rosemary.  My cilantro takes a bit of work.  It flowers and needs to be cut back every few days (it's like a weed).


Not sure what's taking so long with the cauliflower.  I thought that we would have been harvesting some by now.  We finally spotted very small heads this past week.

Finally, I bought these gorgeous garden stones.  Don't you just love them?

Note to self....take pictures before you put on sunscreen, otherwise you get sunscreen all over your phone and your pictures come out blurry!  Sorry!

Enjoy!
Stacy