With the 4th falling smack dab in the middle of the week this year, I thought I would switch things up a bit and post our 4th of July menu along with a recipe of the week.
Chick and I will be spending a quiet day in our backyard oasis taking in all the sights and sounds of the holiday (Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest on ESPN and the annual concert on the "mall" in Washington, D.C).
As always, food will play an important role in our day!
Have a joyful and safe 4th!
Monday: Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Salad
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken Breasts with Grilled Veggies
Wednesday: 4th of JULY!!!!
Breakfast: Fruit Salad with Bacon, Egg and Toast cups
Lunch: Peel and eat shrimp! I thought this would be a light summer meal and a heck of a lot of fun!
Dinner: Beer Brats on the Grill with Red, White and Blue Potato Salad and Corn on the Cob
Dessert: Patriotic Red Velvet Cupcakes
Thursday: Cobb Salad
Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound unpeeled small or baby red-skinned potatoes
- 1 pound small purple or blue potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound unpeeled small white, or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups cooked fresh peas, or one 10-ounce package frozen, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese crumples