Saturday, September 24, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow: Harvest Wrap-Up


After an extremely slow start, it's sad to think that our harvest season is ending.

Depending on the forecast for the next 6-8 weeks, I am contemplating some fall lettuce and I'd still love to get some rosemary in the ground....it is quite hardy and often times survives the winter.

The star of the garden by far has been our cherry tomato plant. We've harvested some of the most yummy quarter sized and bigger, sweet tomatoes this summer. With our hot weather the past few weeks, I've been harvesting 4-5 a day for the past 10-12 days!
I've also harvested 4 yellow squash and have two more beauties about ready to be picked, which is way more then I harvested last year.

Earlier this week, we got rid of most of the summer flowers and planted some flowering cabbage, chili peppers, mums and yellow pansies.

Enjoy!
Stacy