- Brian flew from Seattle, WA to Philadelphia, PA to teach a one day class (he’s racking up the frequent flier miles this year).
- My dear sweet Uncle Steve was struck by a vehicle while crossing Main Street in Springfield, OR on a rainy and stormy Sunday night in late October. Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated as he continues to improve and recover.
- Chick and I attended our first Christmas “doings”….Al’s Festival of Trees the first week in November. We each came home with a Christmas treasure (and it took our minds off our troubles, if only for one evening).
- Decorated the house for halloween/fall and cleaned out the flower beds (planted bulbs...iris, daffodil and last year's tulips). Opened the door for 18 trick-or treaters leaving us with a huge bowl of leftover candy and something munched on our front porch pumpkin nightly...very gross.
- I was selected to the Amtrak Customer Advisory Committee and will serve a three year term which began on October 1st. Lucky for me, they held their annual meeting in Seattle this year, the first week in November. I met 24 incredible committee members from all over the United States, each with a unique background and all with a strong love of trains. I am very excited to contribute to the group.
- Attended a wonderful dinner at Tom Douglas’s Dahlia Lounge restaurant in Seattle (thank you Amtrak) where Tom Douglas spoke to our group about the 4 course menu he created for our evening. Phenomenal event! Double "R" ranches signature hangar steak with garlic mashed potatoes and bacon~onion gravy
- Pan roasted alaskan halibut with giant white beans in tomato, garlic rapini, cracked green olive, preserved lemon, dill
- Panna Cotta with fresh huckleberry compote