Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Aunt Alice's Microwave Rhubarb Crisp


Okay, I don't "really" have an Aunt Alice, I have an adorable client that I call Aunt Alice (I call her husband Uncle Grumpy). They recently took me to lunch and Aunt Alice talked about her microwave desserts. Since I don't bake, the idea of a yummy microwave dessert sounded very attainable.

Thanks Aunt Alice for sharing!

Enjoy!
Stacy
Aunt Alice's Microwave Rhubarb Crisp

Ingredients:


4 to 5 c. sliced rhubarb
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
2/3 c. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 c. soft butter

Directions:

Combine rhubarb and sugar in 8 inch baking dish. In mixing bowl, blend remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over rhubarb. Microwave uncovered on high for 12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, rotating dish once or twice. Topping becomes more crisp as it cooks. For crisper topping, broil a few minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Aunt Alice, a proud Canadian from Alberta
Image courtesy of Google Images