Friday, June 25, 2010

Old Photo Friday: Rest in Peace, Aunt Pat


WHO: Grandma Virginia, Aunt Pat, Candy and Jennifer (Mom)
WHAT: The back of this picture says "going to Gram's" - so I believe this refers to a road trip down to see Grandma Bea (my great grandmother) and her husband Tex.
WHERE: The sign on the door in the background reads, "Mountain House". Does anyone know where this is?
WHEN: August 1964

Our beloved Aunt Pat died yesterday. She was a unique lady and a very special "family" member. How many people can say that she was their paternal and maternal grandmother's best friend? Think about that one for a minute.

I'll fondly remember Thanksgiving dinners and my cupboard of toys....cups and those naked lady swizzle sticks that I always played with every time I visited her and uncle Bud.

UPDATE: CANDY CALLED MY POP AND SAID THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN AT SUTTLE LAKE UP BY GRAMA BEE'S

Enjoy!
Stacy