Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aunt Judy and Uncle Roy

My Aunt Judy and Uncle Roy came out from Ohio last week for my Aunt Judy's 50th high school reunion in Cottage Grove, OR.




Sandra and I hosted a BBQ at Rebecca Lane last Sunday afternoon. It was a chance for Aunt Judy and Uncle Roy to meet Brian and spent some time with Sandra and I at our home in Beaverton.

It was so nice that the family could drive up from Springfield to Beaverton....we always love having a little summertime soiree!

Summertime Soiree Menu
Delicious Easy Asian Glazed Drumsticks
Cowboy BBQ Drumsticks
Aunt Kay's Baked Beans (thank you Brian)
Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
Big Green Salad
Dinner Rolls
Three Berry Cobbler Ala Grandma Cavey with Vanilla Bean Ice CreamThankfully, our weather cooled from last weeks 100+ and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon on the back deck.

A good time was had by all!
We spent the entire afternoon telling stories until our jaws ached.Aunt Judy brought us the coolest gift......a lighted flower bouquet. THANK YOU! She picked it up from where her daughter, Tina works and we all loved it (especially Brian).We looked through albums of pictures.....old and new. I was so excited to see pictures of my Grandma Marie and Grandpa Don as well as all the pictures of my cousins and their families. I wish with all my heart that our family was not so scattered across the country....so far away from everyday gatherings like these. When we get together we laugh and cherish every memory.

Enjoy!
Stacy