We've been eating a lot of ground turkey on Rebecca Lane. Seasoned just right......you'd never know it's not beef. Ready to fire up the BBQ? Grilling season is almost here. Instead of the usual cheeseburger, how about something a little different?
SPICY ASIAN BURGERS
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 large sesame hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, if desired
- Sliced tomatoes, if desired
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first nine ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Shape into 4 patties. Place on broiler pan and broil 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until patties reach desired doneness. Serve burgers on toasted sesame buns.
Garnish with mayonnaise (mix it with chile garlic sauce for extra spiciness, if you like), lettuce or sliced tomatoes, if desired. Serve with cole slaw on the side.